As a benefit to ALA South Florida Chapter members, we invite you to attend this webinar at the offices listed below. There is NO fee for South Florida Chapter members. Please RSVP to the specific individual listed at the location you will attend.
Conflict: Initiating Difficult Conversations
If you dread confrontation, chances are it’s at the expense of your career and personal success. Learn how to disarm disagreeable people, how to defuse tense situations and how to handle anger. Get practical information on how to communicate more assertively when faced with conflict, particularly how to engage in constructive confrontation, so you will never be at a loss for the right words again.
- Explain four types of conflict goals
- Define assertiveness, and explain its role in the confrontation process
- List six steps in constructive confrontation
- Discuss and learn how to create a four-part I-statement
CLM Credits: (Note that only the CLM credit available for this webinar is stated below. If a credit is not stated, it is not available for this program.)
- CLMSM Application Credit: Organizational Development
- CLMSM Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of Communications & Organizational Management (CM)
- CLMSM App Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Communications & Organizational Management (CM) towards the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
NOTE: RSVP's must be received at least 48 hours prior to the webinar date.
Holland & Knight, LLP
515 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1200
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 468-7815
Jackie F. Benito
1450 Brickell Avenue, 23rd Floor
Miami, Florida 33131
Direct Line: (305) 350-2382
Vicki Smith-Bilt, CLM
Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
333 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, Fl 33131
Telephone: (305) 579-0765
Bernadette E. Peters, CLM
Horr, Novak & Skipp, P.A.
9130 South Dadeland Blvd.
Two Datran Center, Suite 1700
Miami, FL 33156
Telephone: (305) 670-2525